All News from the DCSU…
JANUARY 18, 2013 – EXECUTIVE MEETING
JANUARY 18, 2013.
Approval of agenda
Approval of minutes from last Exec Meeting
- Theatre outing: ideas?
- Pub night (suggestion to tie it to a Performance Art event)
- End of year party
- need of two volunteers
- requests for items to be on GM agenda
- applications for next year
- in attendance: Cassandra, Cameron, Isabel, Grace, Myrto, Johanna
- not in attendance: Monty
- Myrto moves to approve agenda – Cassandra seconds – All in favour
- Grace moves to approve minutes – Johanna seconds – All in favour
- We will not plan these now, but appoint people to work on them
- Theatre outing: Grace will organize
- Isabel – Othello at Worldstage; Cassandra the Daschund UN at Worldstage; Cam Little One and another; send ideas by the GM – we will also ask input at GM
- Brechtfast – Cass, as long as after FOOT – maybe after reading week – Feb 26th? – let’s wait to confirm theatre outing first
- Pub night (suggestion to tie it to a Performance Art event) – Isabel says: Allison and Kelsey suggested a performance art night at the GSU pub
- We usually give 50 dollars to pub night.
- Isabel will follow up with this with them and we will use the $50 as per usual for food and drink.
- Isabel – if lots of interest, can we maybe devote more money than $50?
- End of year party – the two members at large: Cam and Johanna
- Note: classes end April 5
- Cameron attended – confirms length of meeting and multiple topics on the table
- Approved finance report and auditor report
- Voted and passed into Palestinian call boycotts – green light to research this
- branding and identity committee – new committee, subcommittee
- anticalendar – subcommittee
- need of two volunteers – anticalendar and international student thing – Isabel has sent out email
- perhaps an international student should be enlisted
- if we can’t get someone, we might have to do it
- requests for items to be on GM agenda
- GSU report
- Get volunteers for the two GSU committees
- Treasurer’s report
- Maybe a special money meeting needs to happen before then? A report to be reported to Grace earlier?
- Thing about magical online research things and open scholarship practices – March 7
- Isabel is looking into our grant cheques at the next GSU meeting – are we getting them?
- Cass: FOOT does not know if we will get the GSU money, could we have tentative confirmation from DCSU that they are willing to back us up that $500 to make sure we can follow through
- Isabel: if FOOT gets the GSU money, would you still use that? Are we just agreeing to give it to you in the case that the GSU grant doesn’t come through.
- Cass: yes. The GSU grant comes through DCSU account anyway – we will not use extra $500 if the GSU grant comes through.
- Cass suggests a motion, and abstains. Cameron motions. Grace seconds. All in favour.
- Cass plugs the conference – can everyone spread the word?
- applications for next year – not a soul has applied yet – we need to put out another call – Grace will – perhaps right after FOOT – and with short turn-around
- conversation about last year’s capital gift
- Cass explains: last year, capital gift was going to be a piano – then Stephen bought the piano – so, it was decided we buy the yoga mats with the “piano-money” instead.
- Therefore, the money for the capital gift is in the account, but there is further buffer zone in the account.
- We also have a savings account with about $1900, that we can access once a year.
- We potentially have $800 for capital gift, because things have been rolled over.
- Cass suggests we save some money to use for decking out a potential office space.
- If DC can be persuaded to share the cost of buying a computer for the booth, we save some money. Also, hear back from Stephen about office space. This will help us decide.
- Cass and all agree that we should not be buying the computer ourselves. The booth should have one, and the DC will benefit financially from it too.
- Cass explains the history of the conversation. We were going to buy one, Stephen suggested we get a better one, Cass suggested to split it, and it’s gone back and forth from there.
- If we pay for the whole thing, then it should be for students only, so that it can last. To be kept in the student office. It should not be used for rentals. We all agree.
- Grace: if it’s to be used for rentals, should we ask to split? Or pay the whole thing?
- Cass: they missed their chance. No splits. Wait to end to end of the year to decide capital gift – to see if we get student office. If space not likely to happen until another year, then we should buy a sound-software computer, but we only use.
- Grace: If they buy the comp, then we give them the software to put on it.
- We all agree.
- Johanna will do something to test the printer. She will set it up and advertise as emergency printer to see how fast cartridge empties.
- If we get an office space, all stuff from student lounge should move over.
- Grace will look into dates for things, including end of year AGM.
Cass moves to adjourn. Johanna seconds. All in favour.
This entry was posted by dcsu on March 8, 2013 at 9:07 pm, and is filed under Executive Meeting Minutes. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.Both comments and pings are currently closed.