Executive Meeting Minutes
Executive Meeting Minutes – March 28, 2013
MARCH 28, 2013.
Approval of Agenda
Approval of Minutes from last meeting
End of year party
Saddlemeyer Parker award
Schedule end of year GM
- in attendance: Cassandra, Cameron, Grace, Myrto, Johanna, Isabel, Monty
- Grace moves to approve agenda – Isabel seconds – All in favour
- Grace moves to approve minutes – Cassandra seconds – All in favour
- Isabel gives cheques to Monty – headgrant, FOOT, special cross-union event
- GSU healthplan – they’re looking for new suppliers it seems like – also looking at changing what is covered – e.g. homeopathy debate as opposed to physio and mental health (cost more and need more sessions)
- let’s ask around if anyone in our own department use it – we can ask at the GM
End of year party
- Johanna and Cam have been checking out venues –
- Hair of the Dog – we can reserve upstairs Sunday to Wednesday, min spend $500 (including all drinks people buy) – seems that most places have this kind of minimum – can we get enough people to make sure we spend that?
- make sure we chack CDTPS schedule and also inform Stephen ahead of time
- DRA5001 retreat on April 10
- April 7 mock conference for nikki’s class
- april 15th – OGS
- what about the day of the retreat? April 10th? Cass will ask Stephen – if on the 10th, then we can invite all to come to our retreat
- Isabel – can we up the budget to $150 – we haven’t spent a lot of money this year.
- Cass – maybe 3 rounds of $50 of nibles – to account for different arrival times
- $50 for Brechtfast – cass will go buy stuff
- cam and myrts will wash dishes
- some of us will stay to talk to the visiting prof
- Justin wants to pass some info today to students at Brechtfast
Saddlemeyer Parker award
- Isabel has to make a call and collect nominations
- should be announced at the party
- maybe a week for nominations and a week for votes
- what about the fun awards? we’ll do an email thread.
- Origato Tokyo – closes April 14
- Myrts: maybe she she pop show? on the 19th? there’s also a relevant chat that day.
Schedule end of year GM
- Grace expresses the desire to be union steward
- April 12?
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday is best – Grace might not be able to come?
- Tuesday April 2 at 4pm – Grace will send
- mats need to come in rehearsal room
- we can start another email thread from last meeting
- Grace will look through the minutes and talk to stephen before the GM – and if we have any brilliant ideas before then, let Grace know
- Cross-union event – probably April 12, 2-4pm
Johanna moves to end meeting. Isabel seconds. All in favour.
General Meeting Minutes – April 2, 2013
April 2, 2013
DC Seminar Room
Approve Minutes from Last GM
Elections – President, Ex-Officio, Treasure, PhD Member-at-Large, Union Steward
End of the Year Party
Grace moves to start meeting – Cassandra seconds – All in Favour
In attendance: Grace, Cassandra, Isabel, Cameron, Johanna, Art, Monty, Myrto
Grace moves to waive quorum – Cassandra seconds – All in favour
Cass moves to approve agenda – Isabel seconds – All in favour
Approve Minutes from Last GM
Grace moves to approve minutes – Cameron seconds – All in favour
Elections – President, Ex-Officio, Treasure, PPhD Member-at-Large, Union Steward
Cassandra: traditionally the president becomes ex-officio
Grace would like to be Union Steward – Nominates herself – No other nominations – Grace wins by acclamation
Johanna informs us that Jenny, who is not not here, would like to be PhD member at large – Johanna nominates Jenny – Cam seconds – no other nominations – wins by acclamation
Cass nominates Myrto for treasurer – Myrto declines
Johanna nominates Art for Secretary – Art declines
Cassandra nominates Johanna for Secretary – Johanna declines
Isabel co-nominates Johanna and Monty for co-president – Johanna declines – Monty declines
Isabel co-nominates Myrto and Cam for Co-presidents – Art seconds – no other nominations – win by acclamation
Jo nominates Art as Treasurer – Isabel seconds – no other nominations – wins by acclamation
Jo nominates Monty Ex-off – Art seconds – no other nominations – wins by acclamation
End of the Year Party
it’s booked, April 10th at 8pm, an email will go out tonight by Cam
munchies – a couple of plates every hour – Cass says every half hour – over budget?
did we vote to use more money? – yes, $150
more munchies, less often, starting at 8 or 8:30 – 3 times during the evening
we will use Cam’s card for the deposit – others are also willing to if need be
Cass suggests to make Facebook event – Art is doing it now
Awards: Grace will make award certificates, Isabel will buy candy. Award categories will be decided over email. We usually do about 7 or 8. The Saddlemeyer Parker award announcement has gone to Lou.
$980.79 is going into the account from Head Grant, Special Grant, and Conference Grant
There are a couple of cheques to go out – to Grace, to Allison.
The second account does not get used.
Final balance will be updated soon, as soon as incoming/outgoing cheques are taken care of.
Cass: check in with Lou about a cheque that was owed her for the holiday party.
Note: at the end of year party – we should keep an eye on what we’re spending! If we’re going to get charged for the diff up to $500 anyway, we might as well buy something for it.
Nothing new to report. But, note that the cheque for special grant: we will be required to report on that re: event. Event will be happening on April 12, 2-4pm.
Isabel brings Art up to date re: re-hauling our health insurance. Perhaps will change provider. Art has a complaint to communicate about it. Will send to Isabel.
It doesn’t seem as though we have come to a decision about the computer…
Gym mats to supplement Yoga mats – Grace will price out the gym mats end of April.
Magic technology box (Monty’s suggestion)
Furnishing the office space
Cass suggests a magic email printer, can charge people bc the thing keeps track. (Each person pays up front? Or are people to be asked to pay at end?) Someone specific will have to be responsible for it (costs and maintenance) – e.g. members at large. Perhaps DCSU would have to front the costs. Each DCSU will have to decide how they do with it. Grace brings up issue of access to room. Cass will investigate the technicalities in late April.
Isabel: A good coffee maker? According to Cass this is historically problematic in terms of maintenance.
Decision will be made via email between gym mats and printer end of April.
We have accepted a proposal – Kelsy and Allison.
If we have any questions or concerns, we should let them know.
Art’s suggestion: a theatre sub-committee. Cassandra volunteers to help Art.
Monty suggests having a regular theatre outing night.
Cass suggests that we go to Peter Kuling to have a second calendar, or to make suggestions/announcements on current calendar of good/cheap shows.
They can help us get group prices for the official theatre outings – and in collaboration with Massey.
Myrto – announcement to the students abt exec meetings? – Something we can talk about next year. Especially sometime in summer.
Grace moves to Adjourn – Cassandra seconds – all in favour
JANUARY 18, 2013 – EXECUTIVE MEETING
JANUARY 18, 2013.
Approval of agenda
Approval of minutes from last Exec Meeting
- Theatre outing: ideas?
- Pub night (suggestion to tie it to a Performance Art event)
- End of year party
- need of two volunteers
- requests for items to be on GM agenda
- applications for next year
- in attendance: Cassandra, Cameron, Isabel, Grace, Myrto, Johanna
- not in attendance: Monty
- Myrto moves to approve agenda – Cassandra seconds – All in favour
- Grace moves to approve minutes – Johanna seconds – All in favour
- We will not plan these now, but appoint people to work on them
- Theatre outing: Grace will organize
- Isabel – Othello at Worldstage; Cassandra the Daschund UN at Worldstage; Cam Little One and another; send ideas by the GM – we will also ask input at GM
- Brechtfast – Cass, as long as after FOOT – maybe after reading week – Feb 26th? – let’s wait to confirm theatre outing first
- Pub night (suggestion to tie it to a Performance Art event) – Isabel says: Allison and Kelsey suggested a performance art night at the GSU pub
- We usually give 50 dollars to pub night.
- Isabel will follow up with this with them and we will use the $50 as per usual for food and drink.
- Isabel – if lots of interest, can we maybe devote more money than $50?
- End of year party – the two members at large: Cam and Johanna
- Note: classes end April 5
- Cameron attended – confirms length of meeting and multiple topics on the table
- Approved finance report and auditor report
- Voted and passed into Palestinian call boycotts – green light to research this
- branding and identity committee – new committee, subcommittee
- anticalendar – subcommittee
- need of two volunteers – anticalendar and international student thing – Isabel has sent out email
- perhaps an international student should be enlisted
- if we can’t get someone, we might have to do it
- requests for items to be on GM agenda
- GSU report
- Get volunteers for the two GSU committees
- Treasurer’s report
- Maybe a special money meeting needs to happen before then? A report to be reported to Grace earlier?
- Thing about magical online research things and open scholarship practices – March 7
- Isabel is looking into our grant cheques at the next GSU meeting – are we getting them?
- Cass: FOOT does not know if we will get the GSU money, could we have tentative confirmation from DCSU that they are willing to back us up that $500 to make sure we can follow through
- Isabel: if FOOT gets the GSU money, would you still use that? Are we just agreeing to give it to you in the case that the GSU grant doesn’t come through.
- Cass: yes. The GSU grant comes through DCSU account anyway – we will not use extra $500 if the GSU grant comes through.
- Cass suggests a motion, and abstains. Cameron motions. Grace seconds. All in favour.
- Cass plugs the conference – can everyone spread the word?
- applications for next year – not a soul has applied yet – we need to put out another call – Grace will – perhaps right after FOOT – and with short turn-around
- conversation about last year’s capital gift
- Cass explains: last year, capital gift was going to be a piano – then Stephen bought the piano – so, it was decided we buy the yoga mats with the “piano-money” instead.
- Therefore, the money for the capital gift is in the account, but there is further buffer zone in the account.
- We also have a savings account with about $1900, that we can access once a year.
- We potentially have $800 for capital gift, because things have been rolled over.
- Cass suggests we save some money to use for decking out a potential office space.
- If DC can be persuaded to share the cost of buying a computer for the booth, we save some money. Also, hear back from Stephen about office space. This will help us decide.
- Cass and all agree that we should not be buying the computer ourselves. The booth should have one, and the DC will benefit financially from it too.
- Cass explains the history of the conversation. We were going to buy one, Stephen suggested we get a better one, Cass suggested to split it, and it’s gone back and forth from there.
- If we pay for the whole thing, then it should be for students only, so that it can last. To be kept in the student office. It should not be used for rentals. We all agree.
- Grace: if it’s to be used for rentals, should we ask to split? Or pay the whole thing?
- Cass: they missed their chance. No splits. Wait to end to end of the year to decide capital gift – to see if we get student office. If space not likely to happen until another year, then we should buy a sound-software computer, but we only use.
- Grace: If they buy the comp, then we give them the software to put on it.
- We all agree.
- Johanna will do something to test the printer. She will set it up and advertise as emergency printer to see how fast cartridge empties.
- If we get an office space, all stuff from student lounge should move over.
- Grace will look into dates for things, including end of year AGM.
Cass moves to adjourn. Johanna seconds. All in favour.
NOVEMBER 26, 2012 – EXECUTIVE MEETING
NOVEMBER 26, 2012.
Approval of agenda
Approval of minutes
- in attendance: Grace, Isabel, Cassandra, Cam, Myrto, Johanna, Monty, Justin dropped in also.
- not in attendance: N/A
- Johanna moves to approve agenda – Isabel seconds – All in favour
- Cass moves to approve minutes – Johanna seconds – All in favour
- number’s will not include Brechtfast or the theatre outing
- starting numbers at begin of year: $1740.03 – more than last year
- deposited from DC: $1100
- Cass: what is this breakdown and what are they earmarked for? We need to know how we’re meant to spend it. i.e. $500 for capital gift, and $500 for FOOT
- last year we spent $1000 for FOOT
- Monty: first instalment from head grant: $566.05 – more than last year
- need to pay back Brechtfast and Opera Atelier
- Cass bought refreshments and food for “pupnight” – but she says it was too few people? – but those are the normal numbers – budget was agreed ahead of time
- (Monty: how can we make more people come to pubnights)
- also, conference grant, due Dec. 5, for FOOT – Cass is already working on that
- we will get second instalment of head grant (last year $382)
- Monty: DC also pays more money to FOOT?
- Cass: yes, specific aspects, and $500 directly from DC. Then DC money ($500) through DCSU to FOOT, and GSU money ($500) through DCSU.
- There’s a second account – a savings, accessible once a year
- Last year, FOOT asked for an extra $500 to fund, and we agreed.
- Grace: We could up the theatre outing. Or capital gift.
- Cass: the reason we budget $200 for theatre outings, is because our source of income for it is the endowment.
- Monty: Proposes to look at our finances and see where we can tighten up and open up funds, as well as how we can pass down a more clear and compartmentalized account to future execs.
- Cass: we need to check in with GSU about what the rules are. And of course, we need to check in with our student body.
- Monty: absolutely. We should present this to the student body.
- Isabel: Maybe we can make a cheat-sheet, short document. Cass: yes, it exists.
- Isabel: we can create a proposal, and Isabel can take it to the GSU.
- Cass: Yes, bc they ask for end of year report.
- Grace: Monty, get the box of documents from Laura. Grace will get in contact with Laura.
- Monty: why doesn’t the box live at the DC? Cass: bc we don’t have a secure space. Myrto: should we get one? Monty: I would prefer not to have it at home.
- Cass: idea for capital gift, small safe for the student lounge. Johanna: is that a capital gift? Should that come from the extra money that gets rolled in to the budget? Monty: can it be a filling cabinet with a lock. Grace: it will get voted on at the General Meeting. Johanna: but we don’t have a key to the student lounge. Maybe, Monty should have a copy?
- Cass: Shouldn’t someone have a key and passcode to the DC every year? E.g. the president? Isabel: yeah, if we need to come meet, or set up… etc.
- Cass: Can Grace speak to Stephen?
- Monty: someone on Paul’s team should also have it.
- Cass: there could be a card-swipe?
- Jo: we should actually have offices we can use.
- Cass: also, Nikki has opened up her old office.
- Monty: we should at least have keys for the student lounge.
- Isabel: we should speak to Stephen about the UC office space too. We should at least get coded access. Jo: we should place a lot of pressure to get offices. This is our job. Isabel: everyone else in grad school has keys to their department. Jo: the seminar room, the kitchen, and student lounge should be open to all of us.
- Cass: this was the case in the past, but students basically lived here. And people would forget to lock. And access to building isn’t possible. Isabel: but, when the building is open, we should totally be able to use it. And, the living here, will not necessarily happen here. Put a lock on the theatre and stuff. Jo: if we had offices, this wouldn’t be an issue.
- Cass: Stephen has created the lobby as a working space with the tables in the lobby – if we get offices, it will decentralize the student experience. All: it’s great out there, but it’s not enough, quite. People stay home bc have nowhere to leave their stuff.
- Monty: the only thing that is preventing us keeping the main doors open is the theatre. All: we need new doors for the theatre.
- Grace: let’s move on. She will speak to Stephen.
- Cass: Stephen’s best operating tool is a strongly worded letter. Jo: we should research other programs and see what they offer. Isabel: will do English and History. Cam: will do poli sci. Grace will write the letter. We’re asking for access to the space we have, and also working space. Jo: will look into other universities. Cass: asking for a swipe is better.
- Not much to report. Elected a new executive at large person, who says he will try to specifically look into funding post-funded cohort.
- Discussed whether an academics and funding committee exists. They’ve been doing work for a year, but they’re not on the standing list of committees. Ad-hoc? No decision.
- Also civics committee’s mandate – discussion.
- They are trying to push the issue of fees vs funding post-funding.
- Grace: Justin might stop by shortly to tell us things about TA stuff.
- Grace: he would like to propose a meeting for people in the union. We don’t get funding from union for having a steward until we had for a year – so we would have to buy own food.
- Let’s organize communication of important things, re: surveys and stuff, by email, emergency meetings, and visiting the classes.
- Isabel: all are also invited to attend these meetings. Anyone who is there can speak and influence the decision.
- Jo: Isabel can type up a short summary so we can communicate it.
- date/time: Dec. 5, 6:30
- we should be here at 4:30.
- Cass is making the turkey. Cass: just turkey? or turkey and stuffing? Sure! She should get a cab to bring.
- Isabel: potatoes.
- Cass: have we booked the bar? Grace: She will confirm.
- Cass: should we have some non-alc bevs? Because the bar overcharges us for it. Jo: not a lot. Grace: will bring.
- Cass: needs to be captain music. Isabel! check out rehearsal room for speakers etc.
- Cass: might ask Stephen to be Santa.
- Jo: accessories – cran sauce, buns. We also check if we have enough plates, cutleries, cups, etc.
- Cam: veggies.
- Myrto: deserts.
- Isabel: make a facebook event.
- Cass: no theatre.
- Cass: baby DCers. Can Stephen give out little gifts?
- Isabel: how is the movie thing set up for the kids in the seminar room? We should ask on of the parents. Grace will email the parents. Jo: we can set up the room.
- Let’s talk it up!! Grace will make a poster.
- Stephen sent email to Grace: 1 dozen mats are $155.88.
- Cass motions this is good for last year’s capital gift. Grace seconds. All in favour.
- Myrto: gym mats? Maybe for this year?
- Jury’s out on the booth laptop. Apparently they were supposed to get a desktop for the booth. We need it for sound software.
- Monty: It actually should not be a laptop! Jo: or two desktops to use for both spaces, bc it will cost same as buying one (properly good) laptop.
- Suggestions for this year’s: a safe? gym mats? storage for books? Email accessible printer?
- We should fix the current printer first. What about the printers? Nothing has happened.
- Justin with Union related things:
- unit 4 is on strike, only 44 people, part-time employees committed elsewhere too. They’re providing lunch for anyone who pickets with them.
- there was just a meeting for unit 1. we almost went on strike last yr. some people are trying to make it happen – i.e. proposing we should always strike. we should all start paying attention, otherwise, only very extreme voices are heard.
- department level CUPE orientation – no funding available yet, we need to have a steward for at least a full year. it would be $100/yr. We should have a CUPE orientation. esp. grievance process, bargaining, funds for various things (e.g. health savings account, student parents, etc.) – most people don’t know.
- Can we tie this to an event in January? – Tie to the AGM. – We should have some food…
- Justin requests that we organize this.
- Cass moves we support the meeting for $50 for food. Isabel seconds. All in favor.
- Can we have a Tuesday or Thursday for the meeting?
- Cass: undergrads.
- they have a new student union. cass spoke to them. a union and a paid admin group.
- to facilitate – we should send an ex officio to them, and vice versa (no voting, just chat and hear)
- social and theatre activities together: they suggested a recurring student-organized show across the department. kinda like foot structurally. proposed the year before, artistic director, etc.
- Cass can write a proposal to the theatres committees
- Grace: Yes, bc lately more interest in smaller shows. Cass: no, actually, we mean a larger show to include both grads and undergraduate. Jo: is the summer a problem? Isabel: will there really be interest at the grad level? Myrto/Grace: that’s why might be better a whole bunch of small pieces (like the salon). Isabel: maybe there can be a choice/flexibility as to which of the two is pitched each year?
Myrto moves to adjourn. Grace seconds. All in favour.
OCTOBER 24, 2012 – EXECUTIVE MEETING
OCTOBER 24, 2012
Approval of agenda
Approval of minutes from previous two exec meetings
Theatre outing/pub night
- in attendance: Grace, Isabel, Myrto, Johanna, Cam
- not in attendance: Monty
- Isabel moves to approve agenda – Johanna seconds – all in favour
- Grace moves to approve minutes for meeting before last – Cam seconds – all in favour
- Cam moves to approve minutes – Cass seconds – all in favour
Theatre Outings and Pubnight
- Grace: Opera Atelier ends Friday Nov 2 (last weeknight) – “pupnight” at Cass’s house after? Is it too soon?
- can get $20 tickets
- everyone in agreement
- money will be used to pay Cass back for pizza orders etc. (maybe around $50 dedicated to this? Monty not here to tell)
- do we have $200 for theatre outings the whole year?
- email went out today from Lou
- classes are scheduled till 12, but they sometimes end at 1
- Cass: enlist Noam to make his waffle batter and has loads of food colouring – Isabel will email him
- Grace can also make waffle mix
- Isabel has a waffle iron – will try bring before Tuesday – Grace will remember
- Noam and Nikki have waffle irons too – Cass will email Nikki
- we all meet here at 11:30pm – Johanna and Myrto have class until 12, Isabel has class till 12
- DRA5000 has class til 12 (or 1) – Cam will email him to ask to get out in time
- Grace will get Halloween plates and forks and napkins
- we have regular and light syrup, and chocolate already
- we’ll tell people to bring toppings (but they don’t) – we need toppings – everyone should bring stuff
- we have 2 gluten free individuals – gluten free waffles? or fruit platter
- Cam will bring fruit platter
- Johanna will be in charge of finding out if they’re coming and if we can make gluten free
- Tuesday December 4
- Cass: let’s do a food and toy drive again! But we need to put out the boxes early, so that people can remember. Cass will create a beautiful box.
- student food centre and sick kids
- Cass will find emails from last year and resend them – re: what they accept.
- Cass can make a turkey because we’ve lost our turkey person.
- It’s potluck. We need people to bring.
- We should probably send an email mid-November – Grace will do it.
- When do we decorate the tree? Lots of sparkle! Do it the week before? Extra buckets of glitter the day of.
- November 28th is tree day (maybe include this in the email)
- Johanna: We should also invite people to bring any other non-Christian decorations.
- Nothing of note happened. Just mandates about different committees.
- The GSU special grants: one time only grants, available to small course unions (65 members and under). Max $200. Has to benefit all students represented.
- organizational expenses
- teching seminars, colloquiums, etc
- circulating info
- academic cultural events
- parties/receptions (100)
- deadline December 5th
- all this applies – maybe we can do professional development colloquia? Food and honorarium to speakers?
- Cass: KMDI has some cool research tools
- Grace: Steph tutorial for sound design
- Cass: we still don’t have computer for it. Stephen needs to hear back re computer and yoga mats.
- Cass will ask if anyone would be interested to do it – and then maybe if we get this grant we can give them honorarium. Otherwise we just provide food. If we get the thing, we might even be able to do two days.
- Isabel: Should we ask DC students to give us input? She will email to ask. Give people a week.
- They will have to write the letter and budget? Or they will help us to do it? We’ll let them know this in the email.
- Headgrant application got in on time – Isabel will give to Monty
- Cass: Foot Budget. Usually $500 comes from DCSU. Cass wants to make sure this is ok. Do we need to vote it?
- Also, last year there was a special request, and got $1000. But that’s a special request.
- Also, last year we were talking about starting to plan earlier – had said to put out the call in September! For planning and funding re: SSHRC.
- SSHRC no longer an issue
- Still good to do this esp. bc keynotes get booked up.
- Any opposition? Let’s vote:
- Grace moves to approve. Isabel seconds. Cass and Myrto abstain. All other in favour. Approved.
- If put out call early for artistic directors, the new can shadow/mentor with the ongoing directors.
- We should do this early – like before the holidays.
- We usually pull the call from last year with new date.
- Grace: Who is responsible? Cass: the president
- Grace will send the call around for us to check it before she send it out.
- Isabel: should we decide deadline?
- Cass: suggests end of November. To avoid paper time.
- Cass: describes the process – and especially fact that encourages people do it in pairs.
OTHER other BUSINESS
- Come to cage.
- We should put capital gift on next agenda.
- Isabel: Yoga mats? Grace: Stephen is waiting for her reply.
- We explain the idea of the capital gift. – Try not to get upkeep things (the DC should do it), or things that would incur ongoing costs. Sometimes we save up over a couple of years to do it. Or can share cost with Stephen.
- Isabel: wasn’t Monty meant to do something with the emergency printer? Grace will remind him.
- Cass: Printer with email address. Can keep track of print jobs and send out emails to collect money. Maybe a capital gift idea?
- Grace: Would that be too much work?
- Cass: People would not be honest.
- Isabel: let’s set up the existing printer as a test-run for this idea.
- Johanna: Put a note so that we discourage excessive use.
- To avoid a ton of work for upkeep? Let’s try this as “emergency” printer.
- Isabel: send out email to say we’re test running it and say don’t overuse it or we won’t be able to sustain. And still point note on it too.
Grace moves to adjourn. Cass seconds. All in favour.
*Note: Myrto, once the minutes are approved, they need to go on website.
SEPTEMBER 27, 2012 – EXECUTIVE MEETING
SEPTEMBER 27, 2012
Approval of agenda
Approval of minutes
- in attendance: Grace, Isabel, Myrto, Monty, Cam
- not in attendance: Cassandra, Johanna
- Grace moves to approve agenda – Isabel seconds – all in favour
- Grace moves to move approval of minutes to our next meeting – Cam seconds – all in favour
- Grace needs to settle dates of events with Lou – she believes holiday party set for Dec 4 (Tuesday)
- we need to send email to DC to suggest theatre outing – better to be something more expensive – and we should all talk to people about it too
- Bruce has suggested a Theatre Gargantua show – Myrto will forward it to all
- Grace needs to also talk to Lou about first Brechtfast dates – mid-October, usually after an MA class
- we also need to talk about pun-name for it
- re: theatre outing, we looked at some theatre online
- possibilities: Arsonists, and the Marksman
- no decision for now – move on
- Isabel reports:
- someone will be looking into a bylaw that’s not clear
- a funding committee – should they be elected or appointed? It was left as is.
- Isabel has to go to 4 out of 6 meetings in order to get money.
- We all filled in the form with our information. Given to Monty to complete. It needs to be returned to Isabel so that she can get it to GSU by the 28th of October.
- Transfer of the accounts has not occurred yet, so we need to get that underway with Laura.
- Justin is our official union steward
- re: his question at the GA – Grace got a response from Stephen – Grace will also forward us Justin’s response to Stephen
- Justin was satisfied with Stephen’s answer – it quells the worry that these peer assistant positions will take away TA positions
- these positions get paid much less than TA positions and a bit more than workstudy
- Stephen is new to this, but promised he will keep an eye out for it
- Myrto brought up question of using rehearsal space of UCDP. Isabel: maybe we should send Stephen an email about new rehearsal spaces?
- Monty: perhaps we can ask for black drapes for rehearsal room as capital gift. Grace cautions we shouldn’t spend that money on things the DC should pay for… So, perhaps we should approach Stephen about getting this done.
- Myrto: what about printer in student lounge? Grace: it’s just not hooked up. Emergency jar system for change for new ink. We should do that!
- Grace moves that Monty will set up. Isabel seconds. All in favour.
- Isabel: we should send an email to let people know.
Grace moves to adjourn. Myrto seconds. All in favour.